Tuesday 10 April 2012

Our journey is coming to an end - far to quickly

Its hard to believe that Scott and I are almost at the end of our trip. It's been 5 weeks and we have had some amazing experiences and fantastic time getting to know family that we either haven't seen for a long long time or have never met. We have thousands and yes I do mean thousands of photos and video that we know need to go over and put together as a historical journey of our adventure. So be prepared to be bored.

I am so happy that Scott was able to do and see so much he has only ever read about, the Great Wall, Colosseum and Pompeii just to mention a few, but the highlight for me is spending time with family. For those who don't know my sister and partner also made the journey across and it was the first time in 28 years that the siblings have been together and that was amazing. Our cousins and Aunts and uncles were also there, which made it extra special.

This week we have spent with family, having an amazing day at the London temple, watching my very talented brother in law, Jared and his band play at the local bandstand, Easter egg hunt with Matt and Kim and having a Harrods day with my baby sister Sarah. I couldn't have asked for a better week. it's time for teary goodbyes, its already started with Matt, Kim and the kids. tomorrow stop off at Geoff, margaret and the kids and then spend sometime with mum. Have to finish packing say goodbye to Sarah, Jared and Emily (who will have major withdrawals for uncle Dot) and then Matt to take us to the airport. At least I will have a long flight home to cry all my tears.

We have so loved our trip and look forward to seeing our boys and friends when we get home. Unfortunately we will have to say goodbye to Matt (my son Matt) as he will be heading off to sunnier skys in Hawaii to 'study' lol

We hope you have enjoyed our adventures - but I'm sure not as much as we have hahaha. We will be adding photos to the blog when we get home so you may see links on Facebook again. See you all back in Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment